Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday Night Fun

For well over a year now, Ellison and I have been hosting a group of people over at our flat just about every Thursday night to watch American Idol. We love it!! Not only do we love the company, but we love being able to serve in that way. With the exception of Greg, most of our visitors are exchange students and we love to give them a little taste of home by making dinner. I wouldn't really say I'm a good cook, but I LOVE to bake. A couple of weeks ago I made some Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats and they were gone in about 10 minutes. This week I found a recipe from one of my favorite blogs for Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies. A cookie made out of a cookie. Amazing, right? I had everything except the Oreos in my kitchen cabinet, so I gave it a shot. I made a half batch which actually turned out to be about 32 cookies. That's a half batch? Crazy. Anywho, they were gone in about 20 minutes. 5 people ate 32 cookies in 20 minutes. WINNING!

Here's the recipe. (Half-Batch)
  • 1 stick softened butter
  • 6 Tablespoons sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 ¼ cup flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 11 Oreo Cookies broken into pieces
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.

2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!!


They turned out perfectly!!


See the Oreo and the chocolate chips? The Oreo cream added a great color contrast!!

2 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy!! How did the chichen spaghetti turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete