Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snickerdoodles


Since I'm allergic to chocolate, I'm always out to find great recipes for PB and Snickerdoodle cookies. I ate Snickerdoodles so often while Ellison and I were dating that I developed the pet name "Snickerdoodle". My favorites actually happen to be store bought. The Pepperidge Farm Snickerdoodles are legit and super soft (I love soft cookies)!! However, I found this recipe on the site I mentioned before and decided to give it a try. Definitely glad I did. I baked these TWICE this week and they were gone both nights. Some of you were asking for the recipe so I figured I would pass it along.

On another note, which has absolutely nothing to do with snickerdoodles or cookies at all..I read/watch the news A LOT. I love being in the know. I don't know if it's because I'm older or the fact that I left small town Texas, but I'm definitely more connected to what's going on in our world. I feel it's my duty as a global citizen to not be ignorant regarding issues that are taking place not only in my area, but around the world. Although a lot of the articles I read are "newsworthy", you do come across those that are somewhat less of a concern. Here are a few I have come across in the past couple of days (mind you these were all front page headlines and on the most popular list)...


Anywho, back to the topic at hand...cookies. Here's the recipe.
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
For rolling:
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.

3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.

5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.

6. Roll the dough into balls. (I did 1 1/2 inch balls.) Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Not too much or you'll get flat, crunchy cookies!!) Repeat for the remaining cookies.

7. Bake the cookies for 10 to 14 minutes (depending on your oven). The cookies may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.

Yum. I made a gigunda one, too!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I guess I'll be baking again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete