Friday, July 30, 2010

I Already Need a Vacation


Unfortunately, my new job only allows for 2 weeks paid vacation, one of which I will be using to spend time when my mom and brother come to visit in December!

I've technically only been working for two weeks today and I am already needing some time off. After being a domestic goddess for nearly 7 months, getting out of bed before double digits is almost unachievable, but somehow I make it happen.

I started on the 19th and it's an yearly contract which can be extended. Most people are curious as to what I'll be doing working for a university, but the truth of the matter is I'm not really even sure what I'm doing. Most of my days so far have looked a bit like this...



My position is called "English Language Ambassador"..apparently when the students come back in September I will be meeting with them in order to improve their written and spoken English. I'll also be promoting English enhancement programs on campus and assisting a couple of professors with classes. But until then I work in a cubicle 8 hours a day...


It isn't too bad. I'm really excited for the fall and right now I get to blog and facebook and watch 20/20 videos and transcribe them into English. A lot of my colleagues are mainland Chinese and two girls are new C's and hopefully we'll be starting a new lunch study. Fun right? Well the other day the blue wall behind my chair FELL ON TOP OF ME AND CRUSHED ME!!!! My colleagues had to come pull it off of me..luckily the chair broke its fall and it didn't land on my head. But we called the main office to tell them to send someone to fix it, their reply.."We don't have the parts to fix it. Prop it up with something."


So for five days it's been propped up with a folding chair and a large bottle of water. Occupational Hazard? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment