Friday, August 13, 2010

Our New something Resolution

Inspired by my mother's recent 22lb weight loss (she now wears the same size jeans I do *puke*), I wanted to find a way to be more healthy. I asked my mom about her secret and she said divorce..so I don't think I'll be trying that one out. But today after a heated lunch debate at Lok Fu McDonald's, we're going to make a change! Ellison was expressing his opinion on how unhealthy McDonald's is and while I agree 100%, he also needs to recognize my desire for things that are truly American. I mean I'm not asking him to cut out RICE for heaven's sake. In the end, I proposed the idea to cut out ALL fast-food, whether American or Chinese. A more reluctant Ellison finds this idea impossible. However, whether he can "stomach" the idea or not, we're going to make it happen. I'm determined! While we're at it we added a couple of more rules to our new health challenge:

1. No Fast-food. (American and Chinese) Being a youth pastor, I realize OCCASIONALLY Ellison will have to eat at a food court. So I won't hold that against him.)
2. No soft drinks. (Including my precious Dr. Pepper, which is often toasted our of champagne glasses that's how priceless it is in Hong Kong. Sad to see this one go.)
3. No cheese. (I think this is probably going to be one of the hardest. I cook a lot with cheese. This is going to mean a lot more creativity on my part for our meals.)
4. Home Lunches. (Bring our lunches from home will not only allow us to eat healthier meals, but also opt for cheaper way to dine!)
5. Gym 4 times a week. (Of course we should go everyday, but we also walk a lot.)

It takes 21 days to form a habit, so we're going to start out with a month. Until September 15..! We'll see how it goes..!! Bye Bye McDonald's!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Those are good resolutions(although I wouldn't agree to the cheese one). I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete